Buildings - add
Buildings (also known as sites or network nodes) are an important part of Utilmate and impact most reporting and default pricing for customers.
To add a building, go to the Maintenance menu and select Buildings. Select Add Building from the Building Actions dropdown list.
The "Add Building" wizard is opened. Enter building details and click on the next button.
Enter the building attributes (see below for building attribute XML tags) and click on the next button.
Enter building billing requirements and click on the next button.
Important: Billing day - this is used if you are using the billing calendar to control when each building is being billed. If you are, and you would like to bill this building to the current day, set the billing day to the current day's date eg if today is 20 January, set the billing day to 20.
Enter the building price plans and click on the save button.
The building attributes are in XML field that looks like this:
<site_address>9 Smith Street</site_address>
XML syntax rules are:
- XML documents must have a root element (<data></data>)
- XML elements must have a closing tag (<site_address></site_address>)
- XML tags are case sensitive (<site_address> works whereas <Site_Address> will not be valid)
- XML elements must be properly nested (<data><site_address></site_address></data>)
- XML attribute values must be quoted
Below is the full range of XML tags that are available. There is validation to ensure only these tags can be used. Please take note of the case sensitivity.
Warning: This is a maintenance menu item. Please ensure you are familiar with Utilmate and understand the impacts of making changes to Maintenance menu items.