New and undelivered posted mail
New and undelivered posted mail (Bing mail) is located on the Dashboard screen and is your queue containing:
- all posted mail that needs to be approved for printing.
- undelivered posted mail that needs attention.
Mail generated by Utilmate will appear in the New and undelivered posted mail screen for review and approval to be printed. These will have a status of NEW and may include:
- Welcome notices
- Treatment notices
- Payment plan notices
Posted mail will appear at various times of the day depending on when processes are run, so it is a good idea to check this screen regularly.
- Account Number
- Current Balance - shows the current total balance for the customer, allowing you to check if the customer has made a payment since the mail was generated
- File Name - name of the file that is attached
- Address - the address that the mail will be sent to
- Attachments - the PDF attachments that will be printed
Note: If you do not use Bingmail for letter printing and posting, use the print icon in your dashboard.
Send a mail to be printed
To send mail to be printed, select the row(s) you want to send then click the Send button. The mail will be sent immediately to Bing Mail and removed from the screen.
Do not send mail
To NOT send mail, select the row(s) you do not want to send then click on the Do Not Send button. The mail will disappear from the screen and NOT be sent.
Tip: To select multiple rows, you can either SHIFT+click to select all rows in a range or CTRL+click to select multiple rows.
Posted mail not printed
From time to time, the mail isn't able to be printed and will be displayed with the message status Error. Utilmate wasn't able to send the mail to Bing Mail to print.
If the customer's address is incorrect and needs correcting, you can use the hyperlinked Account Number to go to the customer, click on the Contact Details screen and change the address.
If the issue still hasn't been solved, please raise a support ticket.