New and undelivered SMS Messages
New and undelivered SMS messages is located in the processes section of the Dashboard screen and is your SMS message queue containing:
- all SMS messages that need to be approved for sending.
- all undelivered SMS messages that need attention.
All SMS messages generated by Utilmate will appear in the New and Undelivered SMS Messages screen for review and approval. These will have a status of NEW and may include:
- Payment reminder messages
- Welcome messages
- Treatment messages
Messages will appear at various times of the day depending on when processes are run. It's a good idea to check this screen regularly.
- Scheduled Time - is the date and time the SMS will be sent. This is normally set to 3pm.
- If you approve the SMS at 10am, it won't be sent until 3pm.
- There is a restriction after 8pm. If any SMS is approved after this time, it will be sent the next day after 8am.
- Phone number - is the phone number the SMS will be sent to. Phone numbers must have the international code eg +61 followed by the mobile number without the leading 0.
- Current Balance - shows the current total balance for the customer, allowing you to check if the customer has made a payment since the SMS was generated.
- Message - is the message the customer will receive.
Tip: To select multiple rows, you can either SHIFT+click to select all rows in a range or CTRL_click to select multiple individual rows.
Send an SMS
To send SMS messages, select the row(s) you want to send then click the Send button. The SMS messages status will change to Queued. The message is now waiting for the scheduled time or a response from the customer phone provider.
Not send an SMS
To NOT send SMS messages, select the row(s) you do not want to send then click the Do Not Send button. The SMS messages will be removed from the screen and will NOT be sent.
Note: If you choose not to send an SMS message, it is a good idea to add a note explaining the reason for not sending it.
SMS not delivered
From time to time, SMS Messages aren't able to be delivered and will be displayed with the below message status:
- Enroute - SMS message has been received by the Utilmate SMS gateway and is being processed.
- Submitted - SMS message has been submitted to the customers' carrier for delivery.
- Expired - after waiting 45 days for the SMS message to be delivered, it has expired.
- Rejected - SMS message will not be delivered - permanent failure.
- Failed - the message has failed. Reasons may include no active routes to destination or undeliverable by customers carrier.
- Resolved - flagged by a user as "do not send".
If the mobile phone number is incorrect and needs correcting, you can double click on the phone number to edit it. This will also update the phone number for next time.
To resend any undelivered SMS messages, select the row(s) you want to send then click the Resend button. The SMS messages will change to Queued status.
To NOT resend these SMS messages, select the row(s) you do not want to send then click the Do Not Send button. The SMS messages will be removed from the screen and NOT be resent.
Each night Utilmate will check with the customer carrier on undelivered SMS messages, to check if they've been able to be delivered. If they have been delivered, they will be removed from this screen.
Check status of SMS
If you want to check the status of an SMS at any time, select the row(s) you want to check and click the Request Status button. Refresh your screen and check if the status has changed.
Important: Any SMS over 160 characters is split into 2 messages.