New and undelivered email messages
New and undelivered email messages is located in the processes section of the Dashboard screen and is your email queue containing:
- all emails that need to be approved for sending.
- all emails that have bounced.
- undelivered emails that need attention.
Emails generated by Utilmate will appear in the New and Undelivered Email Messages screen for review and approval to be sent. These will have a status of NEW and may include:
- Welcome emails
- Invoice emails
- Treatment emails
- Payment plan emails
- Direct debit emails
Emails will appear at various times of the day depending on when processes are run, so its a good idea to check this screen regularly.
Note: All MyAccount registration and forgot password emails are automatically sent by Utilmate without this approval step.
- Current Balance - shows the current total balance for the customer, allowing you to check if the customer has made a payment since the email was generated.
- Email Amount - displays the amount being shown in the invoice or treatment email, to allow you to check if it's different to the current balance.
- Sent To - the email address that will receive the email.
- CC To - the email address that will be copied in on the email.
- Subject - the email subject
- Attachments - the PDF attachments that will be sent with the email
Send an email
To send emails, select the row(s) you want to send then click on the Send/ Resend button. The emails will be sent immediately and removed from the screen.
Not send an email
To NOT send emails, select the row(s) you do not want to send then click on the Do Not Send button. The emails will disappear from the screen and NOT be sent.
Note: If you choose not to send an email, it may be necessary to reverse the invoice (if required). It's also a good idea to add notes explaining the reason for not sending.
Tip: To select multiple rows, you can either SHIFT+click to select all rows in a range or CTRL_click to select multiple rows.
Email not delivered
From time to time, emails aren't able to be delivered and will be displayed with the below message status:
- Error - Utilmate wasn't able to send the email. Please raise a support ticket.
- Dropped - Utilmate delivered it to the customer's mail provider but was rejected.
- Bounce - Utilmate delivered it to the customer's mail provider, but the email address was incorrect or mailbox was full.
If the email address is incorrect and needs correcting, you can use the hyperlinked Account Number to go to the customer, click on the Contact Details screen and change the email address.
To resend undelivered emails, select the row(s) you want to send then click on the Send/ Resend button. The emails will be sent immediately and removed from the screen.
To NOT resend these emails, select the row(s) you do not want to send then click on the Do Not Send button. The emails will be removed from the screen and NOT resend.